Tuesday, February 01, 2005

 

i got me a psp

So I broke down, and what better place to break down then the streets of hong kong. During this trip to asia I decided that if I get a chance to pick up a psp in japan, I would. According to reports in japan, the psp is still a tough item to get, so I decided to bypass chance and pick one up on the streets of hong kong.

I figured the ideal place to go would be the new retail store for lik-sang so I travelled to the electronics district to pick one up, after being told that I needed to pay cash because lik-sang is not authorized to sell the psp, I walked away heartbroken.

I boarded the train back to the central area and when I walked out I ventured into an electronics store of the nyc 5th avenue variety. It was there where I was able to pick up a psp value pack and ridge racer for about $400 total - definitely $100 over the retail price, but hey, I now have a psp.

Simply put, the device is gorgeous and without a doubt the best feeling and perfoming multimedia device I've ever used. Its small and the screen is super bright and very high in resolution.

In addition to purchasing the psp, I also picked up a 512mb memory stick duo pro. I loaded up the memory stick with photos, music, and movies courtesy of "iPSP". This app auto syncs specific albums and playlists whenever you connect the psp to your mac.

Gameplay is great and when combined with the multimedia features, nothing beasts this device.

Will it defeat the ds? Its all about the games and nobody can beat nintendo at that, but with exclusive 3rd party support and interest, the psp can pull away - especially with such strong personal multimedia capability

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?